Mobil Super™ 3000 limited warranty
What the warranty covers
Imperial Oil (“Imperial”), by its managing partner Imperial Oil Limited, provides this limited warranty to the purchasers who use Mobil Super 3000™ lubricants (the “lubricants”) in their vehicles. This limited warranty covers the lubricant and engine parts lubricated by the lubricant. Imperial warrants its lubricants to be free from defects and that the lubricant you purchased will protect your vehicle’s lubricated engine parts from failure caused by defect or malfunction of the lubricant.
Be advised that if your vehicle is covered by a warranty, you should follow the vehicle’s oil life sensor or the oil change interval recommended in your owner’s manual to avoid a disruption in your vehicle warranty. Follow your owner’s manual if the vehicle is operated in any of the following severe services: racing or commercial applications including taxis, limousines, etc.; frequent towing or hauling; extremely dusty or dirty conditions; or under excessive idling conditions.
What the limited warranty does not coverThis limited warranty excludes:
- Lubricants used in mechanically deficient equipment where the deficiency results from abnormal operation; negligence; abuse; damage from casualty, shipment or accident; or, equipment modification done without written authorization from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- Situations where the OEM required lubricant standards do not match those stated by Imperial without written approval from Imperial.
- Lubricants that have been used in conjunction with any other product or additive that has not been authorized for use by Imperial.
- Failure of equipment due to a pre-existing condition that is unrelated to the use of the lubricants.
- Repair or replacement of equipment due to non-lubrication related conditions, such as normal wear.
- Lubricants used in a vehicle which is not operated in accordance with the owner’s manual when the vehicle is operated in any of the following severe services: racing or commercial applications including taxis, limousines, etc.; frequent towing or hauling; extremely dusty or dirty conditions; or under excessive idling conditions.
This limited warranty is available to the purchaser of the lubricant only and cannot be transferred.
What the period of coverage is
The Mobil Super 3000 limited warranty is valid for 12,000 kilometers or your vehicle’s OEM recommended oil change interval, whichever is longer.
Additional conditions for this warranty include:
- lubricants must be put in service not later than five (5) years from the date of purchase; and
- an oil change must be completed every twelve (12) months.
What we will do to correct problems
Imperial will replace any lubricant that is defective. In addition, if there is equipment failure due to the lubricant you purchased, and the engine was serviceable at the time the oil was installed, Imperial will repair any damage to lubricated engine parts directly caused by a defect or malfunction of the lubricant, at no cost to you, provided that the lubricant was selected and maintained in accordance with specifications of the OEM and the written instructions (which includes product packaging) of Imperial.
How you can get serviceTo file a claim under this limited warranty, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- Upon discovery of the damage (but not later than six (6) months from the date the damage occurred) call 1-800-AskMobil (1-800-275-6624).
- Allow an Imperial representative to examine the equipment and maintenance records, if available, and provide proof of purchase to determine the extent of the damage and to confirm that the lubricant was the cause.
- Allow an Imperial representative to obtain an oil sample from the engine for oil analysis at no cost to you to assist in determining the cause of the equipment failure.
THE REMEDY PROVIDED HERE WILL BE YOUR ONLY RECOVERY AGAINST IMPERIAL. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RECOVER INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (WHICH INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, FOR EXAMPLE, TRANSPORTATION COSTS TO AND FROM THE IMPERIAL REPRESENTATIVE FOR INSPECTION OF THE EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF USE, TOWING CHARGES, BUS FARE, CAR RENTALS OR OTHER INCIDENTAL DAMAGES) OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (WHICH INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIRING OR REPLACING OTHER PROPERTY WHICH WAS DAMAGED WHEN THE LUBRICANT WAS DEFECTIVE). Imperial reserves the right at any time and from time to time, without notice, to revise and/or terminate this limited warranty.
This warranty is offered by:
505 Quarry Park Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2C 5N1