Mobil Pegasus Compressor Oil 264 and 460
Premium Quality Lubricants for Reciprocating Natural Gas Compressors
The Mobil Pegasus Compressor Oils 264 & 460 have been specifically formulated from highly refined paraffinic base oils and high performance additives to provide excellent performance in reciprocating natural gas compressors. Both ISO viscosity grades are formulated for outstanding cylinder and piston ring lubrication, excellent oxidation resistance, and excellent chemical tolerance.
Features and Benefits
Both the 264 and 460 grades, when used within their appropriate recommended application temperature and viscosity range, offer the following features and benefits:
- Outstanding cylinder and piston ring lubrication
- The unique combination of additives protects against separation of dispersion-type additives in lubricator reservoirs, as well as downstream separators and chillers.
- High temperature stability and excellent oxidation resistance contribute to low sludge and deposit formation.
- Chemical tolerance - Mobil Pegasus Compressor Oils 264 and 460 have improved tolerance to contamination by hydrogen sulphide, amines, glycols or other scrubber solutions.
- Reduced sight glass staining of compressors equipped with automatic lubricators.
Mobil Pegasus Compressor Oils 264 and 460, for natural gas service, are ideal for initial break-in of compressor cylinders and packings. Their use should continue for 300-500 hours while the lubricated components attain a high polish. Thereafter, their use may be discontinued in "sweet" and "dry" gas service if a lower viscosity is acceptable to the compressor manufacturer.
If the gas being compressed is sour, wet, or contaminated with scrubber solution, Mobil Pegasus Compressor Oils 264 or 460 should continue to be used rather than an engine oil type lubricant. In this way, dilution by condensates can be tolerated while a satisfactory viscosity is maintained.
Because of the high viscosity of these two grades, ample warm up time must be provided to heat the oil enough facilitate pumping from storage containers to lubricator reservoirs.
|cSt @ 40 °C||280||485|
|cSt @ 100 °C||23||35|
|Pour Point °C||-12||-12|
|Flash Point °C||280||280|
|Density @ 15 °C||0.894||0.896|
Health and Safety
The products described on this data sheet are manufactured from high quality petroleum base stocks, carefully blended with selected additives. As with all petroleum products, good personal hygiene and careful handling should always be practiced. Avoid prolonged contact to skin, splashing into the eyes, ingestion or vapour inhalation. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for further information.
Note: The products described on this data sheet are NOT controlled under Canadian WHMIS legislation.